Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.
Camera temp - Printable Version

+- Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here. (http://forum.infraredtraining.com)
+-- Forum: Thermography (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: IR Study Hall (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Camera temp (/showthread.php?tid=259)

Camera temp - 52delta - 05-11-2014 03:57 PM

Hello all,
When preparing for a Electrical panel scan I let the camera sit for 15 minutes near the panel to reach the rooms temp . How important is this to do ? Should I do this for every room with a noticably different temp ? Thanks

RE: Camera temp - Bobberry - 05-12-2014 04:47 AM

(05-11-2014 03:57 PM)52delta Wrote:  Hello all,
When preparing for a Electrical panel scan I let the camera sit for 15 minutes near the panel to reach the rooms temp . How important is this to do ? Should I do this for every room with a noticably different temp ? Thanks

This depends on how much accuracy you need in your work. It is a good idea to allow the camera to stabilise before use. On a Flir camera, if you turn on a measurement spot (or any measurement tool), if you see the ˜or* sign beside the measurement it is an indication that the camera has not stabilised fully (or the shutter needs to operate). I would say that generally for electrical work, once the ˜or* is not visible beside your measurement tools then it sufficiently stabilised for what you are doing.

I would switch the camera on when you arrive, by the time the first panels have been opened it should be OK.

RE: Camera temp - 52delta - 05-12-2014 05:00 AM

Thanks Bob,
This is one of those questions the Pro's don't think about, but that the new guys need to learn . Thanks again.