Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.
Trefl question. - Printable Version

+- Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here. (http://forum.infraredtraining.com)
+-- Forum: Thermography (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: IR Study Hall (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Trefl question. (/showthread.php?tid=265)

Trefl question. - 52delta - 05-20-2014 08:30 PM

I am a generator tech by day and take my camera to work to practice. We'll I for forgot my tinfoil that I use to set my Trefl . I thought ... How far off could I really be if I just use my area box average at the panel to be scanned. I know the defuse foil would better mix the Trefl thus giving me a better average , but the average of radiation in the field of view is still the average right ?

RE: Trefl question. - Bobberry - 05-21-2014 01:26 AM

52delta dateline='[url=tel:1400632231' Wrote:  1400632231[/url]']
I am a generator tech by day and take my camera to work to practice. We'll I for forgot my tinfoil that I use to set my Trefl . I thought ... How far off could I really be if I just use my area box average at the panel to be scanned. I know the defuse foil would better mix the Trefl thus giving me a better average , but the average of radiation in the field of view is still the average right ?

No, Trefl does not come from the box being scanned. It comes from the reflecting source, this is probably the wall opposite the panel.