Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.
Stitching thermal images - Printable Version

+- Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here. (http://forum.infraredtraining.com)
+-- Forum: Thermography (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: IR Study Hall (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Stitching thermal images (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Stitching thermal images - Maureen Young - 07-22-2015 10:30 AM

Does anyone have a suggestion for software to stitch adjacent thermal images into a panorama which still retains its ability to be analysed as a thermal image? I have sometimes managed to make the panorama tool in Tools+ work, but it gets confused by images with repeating detail (e.g. windows) and there is no user control to reposition misbehaving images.

RE: Stitching thermal images - Bobberry - 07-24-2015 05:26 AM

(07-22-2015 10:30 AM)Maureen Young Wrote:  Does anyone have a suggestion for software to stitch adjacent thermal images into a panorama which still retains its ability to be analysed as a thermal image? I have sometimes managed to make the panorama tool in Tools+ work, but it gets confused by images with repeating detail (e.g. windows) and there is no user control to reposition misbehaving images.

I have not come across difficulties like you describe. The panorama tool works perfectly well for me in Flir tools plus. However you need to have the correct amount of overlap, and ideally a camera with the panorama tool built in, this allows you to take images with the correct amount of overlap. What camera are you using? Are you using a panorama tool in the camera?