Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light artifacts-Equine Thermal Imaging application
03-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Light artifacts-Equine Thermal Imaging application
Hi there, just new to this field of work and trying to recognize issues while in the field, so I can have clean images for my reports when I get back to the office.
Light artifacts are my question right now. I know what they are, and I know what can cause them but I am not 100% sure I am recognizing them when I am looking through my viewfinder while doing the job.
A sunbeam coming through a window, easy to see. But if an artificial light above the horse is causing a light artifact, or if natural light coming in from somewhere else is creating an issue, (Are Shadows an issue?)I am not recognizing that.

I did my course online so I was unable to address this in a classroom situation and now realizing that I need this shown to me somehow. Is there a video that can show an example as it is happening perhaps? While looking through the viewfinder? (I own a Flir E8) A moving horse can make things challenging enough, let alone making sure the image is clean. Smile

Thank you for any help you can give. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Light artifacts-Equine Thermal Imaging application - Pinpoint - 03-07-2016 01:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Equine Thermography Course ThermografieCentrum 0 1,237 05-12-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: ThermografieCentrum