Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quantitative building thermography
03-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Quantitative building thermography
I read some papers on quantitative thermography of building envelope. They measured wall surface temperature using thermal image and used it for the calculation of heat transfer through the wall. They mentioned some important things for an accurate measurement of surface temperature for example set the correct emissivity and reflective temperature in thermal camera. In my work I am doing the quantitative thermography for a group of buildings using drone but the measured temperature does not seem to be accurate or even close to the real temperature because when I compare two different photos of the same wall which are from different views they show different temperatures. How can I take good thermal photos for my work? This idea of an accurate measurement of building surface temperature using a drone at the height of 60 m is doable or not? I found some works that did qualitative thermography with drone but they did not use the drone for quantitative thermography. Two photos of a buildings are also attached. [Image: view?usp=sharing][Image: view?usp=sharing]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Quantitative building thermography - alikatal - 03-21-2019 03:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Photo New building thermography 360 pages ebook ! Davide Lanzoni 1 3,370 01-10-2015 01:33 PM
Last Post: Davide Lanzoni