Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can we find exterior building water leak during winter?
01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Can we find exterior building water leak during winter?
Good evening everyone, i just made an thermal scan of a house that the owner complaint about water leaking under exterior envelope. I didn't find anything special. Today we had a freezing temperature aprox -4F. But last sunday it was raining and the owner seems to expect water damage. The question is can we find water damage in a exterior wall at a freezing temperature. it was an acrylic stucco envelope I scaned the interior and there are no sign of water..thank you very much
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: Can we find exterior building water leak during winter?
Would need to know what your situation was during your scan. I would have to think that if there was a strong solar presence on the wall in question and you were to wait till after the sun had left the wall that there may be enough liquid moisture present to reveal a surface temperature differential similar to low slope roof scans.
02-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks a lot. I made it correctly, after the sun goes down and i found the problem.
02-04-2014, 02:12 PM
I do walls shortly after the sun hits them. It's the opposite of roof scans, the dry parts of the wall heats up more quickly with the solar loading.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Electric Under Floor Heating- How do i find a fault City Line IR 4 8,067 10-12-2013 11:13 AM
Last Post: loran