Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Converting (FLIR) Tiff to Jpg
04-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Converting (FLIR) Tiff to Jpg
Does FLIR provide any utilities to convert their older radiometric tiff format files to the newer jpg format? One need for this would be to use the FLIR mobile app, which does not even recognize the tiff files in the directory. (Android).
JK

Jack Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
1-718-884-6644
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Converting (FLIR) Tiff to Jpg
Post, please, one those. I will try to open with Researcher. If possible I will post back the Jpeg
António
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
(04-14-2013 03:15 PM)acardoso Wrote:  Post, please, one those. I will try to open with Researcher. If possible I will post back the Jpeg
António

Antonio,
Thanks for the offer. Researcher 1.1 will do it, but I don't think it makes a radiometric jpg. The problem is that I would not call Researcher a "utility". It is a full scale and expensive program. I am hoping for something small and free. QuickView 1.1+ will not do it. I think that QuickView also has a problem with misreading the time stamps on the tif images. I reported that to FLIR years ago and they said they would not do anything about it.
I tried attaching a tif image to this post, but "[highlight=#fff6bf]The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type."[/highlight].

Best,
Jack

Jack Kleinfeld, P.E.
1-718-884-6644
04-15-2013, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 04:50 AM by acardoso.)
Zip the file first
I have the 2.10, and i can write radiometric Jpeg.
How many tiff are we talking?
04-15-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2013 09:57 AM by JKEngineer.)
(04-15-2013 04:49 AM)acardoso Wrote:  Zip the file first
I have the 2.10, and i can write radiometric Jpeg.
How many tiff are we talking?
Thanks Antonio, I have attached the zip with three tiff files in it. In general terms, I am talking about a lot of tiffs, so not something I would ask someone else to do. I was hoping for a (FLIR) capability that I could then use as needed to put readable IR images on a tablet to use with the FLIR mobile tools, which do not read the tiff files. Best, Jack

Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644

JKEngineer -@- aol.com or JKEngineer -@- KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/KleinfeldTechnical

Attached File(s)
.zip  0096A03.zip (Size: 362 KB / Downloads: 11)
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2013 07:53 AM by acardoso.)
Dear Jack,
I am only able to write Jpeg files with Researcher, if the file is already a Jpeg. Otherwise, the image in fake color is not written. However, QuickReport open these Tiff files correctly. At the Organize tab we cannot see the image, but at Analyse tab the IR image is displayed correctly and the report is correctly printed.
Flir Tools don’t recognize these images

Best Regards,
Antonio Cardoso
[Image: attachment.php?aid=108]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=109]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Hi Antonio,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was at the Thermosense Conference in Baltimore with limited email and web access.

Thanks again for looking at this. It was not clear to me whether Quick Report would allow the file to be written as a radiometric jpg. If so, that would allow the other software tools to then access the data, preserving the work that the tiff images represent.

I have realized that the Quick Report is freeware, so I will try it myself here and report back. Hopefully it will allow the jpg save and also allow batch operations. I will also double check whether it reads the time stamp on the image correctly, as some of the newer FLIR software did not.

Best,
Jack
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644

JKEngineer -@- aol.com or JKEngineer -@- KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/KleinfeldTechnical