Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipad Connection to T640 Camera
03-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Ipad Connection to T640 Camera
Hi All,

We currently use the T640 cameras for conducting IR Overhead Line Inspections in the Electric Distribution Industry. We mount the cameras on the window rails of our vehicles and patrol our circuits. We used to use the P60/65 which have controllers coupled with screens using RCA connections to view the screen and the controller to control the cameras (focus, span, etc).

With the T640s there are no hardwire controllers available and therefore moved over to the wifi setup using flir tools on Ipads. This setup works great, WHEN IT WORKS.

We started to develop issues a few months ago and it has progressively gotten worse. We contacted FLIR and they suggested we upgrade the firmware in the camera to the latest version which we did a few days ago.

Then we upgraded the ipad to the latest IOS software and the FLIR Tools to the latest version as well.

Sometimes it will connect without an issue and work throughout the day. Other times it will not stay connected for very long at all, as short as a few seconds before the frame rate drops down and it disconnects. Sometimes you can reconnect it, other times it requires a reboot of the camera and/or Ipad.

I have noticed on cloudy days there are less connectivity issues than on sunny days. Temperature is not relevant to those particular items. It also doesn't show a loss of Wifi connectivity when it stops sending data, the frame rate simply drops down to zero and it loses connection.

Coming from an IT background this problem seems like there is an internal buffer in the software that fills up and then disconnects.

Any help or any ideas on non-FLIR cameras we could use would be appreciated.

-mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Ipad Connection to T640 Camera
I am currently having the same issue connecting my T440 to both my iPad and iPhone. I have restored to the factory default settings several times with very limited success... It would be nice to have this feature working again. Any information solving this issue would be great.

Dan
03-13-2014, 08:46 AM
As a follow up we've had issues not related to Sunny/bright conditions. We are planning on trying to test using a wifi router in the next few weeks to see if that signal will be stronger to connect to the camera and the ipad.

Will report back with our findings.

I think it may be a software issue though, so hopefully someone from FLIR can follow up on these posts.

-mike
03-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I had the same issue with an Android Note 2 phone. It is connected and then drops. I need to research this more to figure out the true issue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Connection Problem Young 12 10,487 03-23-2014 09:45 AM
Last Post: Young