Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
new to thermal imageing
04-07-2014, 05:55 AM
new to thermal imageing
Hello . I have A few questions . 1st when doing an inspection do you always have the customer remove the cover to the electrical panel ? or do you sometimes take the cover off yourself? Always wearing the proper PPE.
2nd when I scan for RAT my camera won't let me set RefT to zero . What should the setting be when im scan for the RefT im the first place?? Thanks for any and all help .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2014, 10:06 AM
RE: new to thermal imageing
(04-07-2014 05:55 AM)52delta Wrote:  Hello . I have A few questions . 1st when doing an inspection do you always have the customer remove the cover to the electrical panel ? or do you sometimes take the cover off yourself? Always wearing the proper PPE.
2nd when I scan for RAT my camera won't let me set RefT to zero . What should the setting be when im scan for the RefT im the first place?? Thanks for any and all help .

1st. You should not remove covers unless you are electrically qualified and site qualified.
2nd. The question suggests that you have not had training (as this is covered on Level 1). You should get training (if you had not had any). To measure Trelf see here http://www.thermalvision.ie/2011/09/t-reflected/
04-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the link . Maybe I didn't ask the question correctly . As I set my camera to find my reflective temp , I would like to know what temp I would input for my reflective temp.? When in my Level 1 training I never asked . You see the older E40 I borrowed had a value of zero option , so I used zero. My newer E40 go's down to 1 then -1 . What would the right setting be to give the truest Reflective temp? Thanks.
04-08-2014, 05:16 AM
(04-07-2014 07:04 PM)52delta Wrote:  Thanks for the link . Maybe I didn't ask the question correctly . As I set my camera to find my reflective temp , I would like to know what temp I would input for my reflective temp.? When in my Level 1 training I never asked . You see the older E40 I borrowed had a value of zero option , so I used zero. My newer E40 go's down to 1 then -1 . What would the right setting be to give the truest Reflective temp? Thanks.

When you are measuring Trefl, you set E-1 and distance=0. It does not matter what setting is used for Trefl when you have E set to 1, it has no impact.