Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help required in Thermography inspection
10-17-2014, 05:04 AM
Help required in Thermography inspection
As a part of my M.Tech NDT program, I am doing R&D in Thermography on Composite structures. Can any one help me out with detection of debond and delamination in Kevlar kevlar core honeycomb structures using IR Thermography. As of now I am no able get any visible pattern using any any mode of heating methods.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Help required in Thermography inspection
Are you using flash lamps as a heating source and then recording the thermal degradation over time?
10-18-2014, 01:37 PM
(10-17-2014 11:43 AM)Gary Orlove Wrote:  Are you using flash lamps as a heating source and then recording the thermal degradation over time?

I tried with flash lamps, forced convection heating thru hair blower, through mode heating using heating coils, but nothing were able to detect debond and delamination in kevlar kevlar core honeycomb structures. Whereas if we use kevlar nomex core honeycomb structures, then the defects can be found out using the forced convection itself.
10-20-2014, 09:07 AM
Try contacting the folks at thermal wave imaging. They may have suggestions.

http://www.thermalwave.com/1/376/index.asp