Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ThermoVision SDK + OpenCV + FLIR A325sc = questions!
07-15-2015, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015 02:13 PM by pabloroxo.)
ThermoVision SDK + OpenCV + FLIR A325sc = questions!
Hello, everybody! I'm Pablo, student of MSc in Computer Science at Federal University of Bahia (Brazil). Smile

I'm working in a project with a FLIR thermal camera, model A325sc. I have to connect it in a software we're developing in C++ with OpenCV library. My goal is to obtain the stream of the camera and then process each individual frame with digital image processing techniques with OpenCV. OpenCV has a generic method to obtain stream of IP cameras, but it's full of lag and crashes all the time. Also doesn't allow me to have full access of all camera properties.

In my researches, I've discovered FLIR ThermoVision SDK, which allows me to have full access of the camera in C++ (and Visual Basic). But when I download and try to install, it asks me for a serial number of 12 digits, in 4 groups (example: 123-456-789-100). Is it something I have to buy apart? Because I've searched in all documents and manuals of the camera, and couldn't find it.

Probably I'll have some questions after this, but let me solve this first. Rolleyes

Thanks to everybody! Loved the content of the forum. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2015, 06:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 06:07 AM by acardoso.)
RE: ThermoVision SDK + OpenCV + FLIR A325sc = questions!
You need another figure, in dollars or in euros.

(07-15-2015 02:09 PM)pabloroxo Wrote:  Hello, everybody! I'm Pablo, student of MSc in Computer Science at Federal University of Bahia (Brazil). Smile

I'm working in a project with a FLIR thermal camera, model A325sc. I have to connect it in a software we're developing in C++ with OpenCV library. My goal is to obtain the stream of the camera and then process each individual frame with digital image processing techniques with OpenCV. OpenCV has a generic method to obtain stream of IP cameras, but it's full of lag and crashes all the time. Also doesn't allow me to have full access of all camera properties.

In my researches, I've discovered FLIR ThermoVision SDK, which allows me to have full access of the camera in C++ (and Visual Basic). But when I download and try to install, it asks me for a serial number of 12 digits, in 4 groups (example: 123-456-789-100). Is it something I have to buy apart? Because I've searched in all documents and manuals of the camera, and couldn't find it.

Probably I'll have some questions after this, but let me solve this first. Rolleyes

Thanks to everybody! Loved the content of the forum. Tongue
07-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Hi
There is no need of a SDK for the A325SC.
The camera is GEV/Genicam compliant.
Go to http://flir.custhelp.com, create an account, and download the ICD for that model.
Regards.
Raphael Danjoux
FLIR ATS Tier 2 Support.
07-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Hello, Raphael! I've done what you told me to do, and I think we'll have some positive results. Now I'm reading these documents:
http://80.77.70.144/DocDownload/Assets/dl/t559505$d.pdf
http://80.77.70.144/DocDownload/Assets/dl/t559504$a.pdf
http://80.77.70.144/DocDownload/Assets/dl/t559002$a.pdf
I'll have to implement some sockets communication with Telnet first for testing, and then with the software we're developing. Soon I'll show our results and share anything to the next ones. Thank you very much! Big Grin Big Grin
07-17-2015, 02:20 AM
Pablo
For that kind of technical exchange, you should definitely use Custhelp!
You would get custom answers (for you only), and would have the chance to receive information directly from development (if needed).
I suggest you post a thread on Custhelp for this current question. As soon as it is received, it will be given an incident number with a follow-up and sorted by priority.
Regards.
Raphael Danjoux
FLIR ATS Tier 2 Support.
07-28-2015, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 02:17 PM by pabloroxo.)
Hello, Raphael!

I was out for 10 days, doing another work for my professor. Now I'm back to this work. I have found this: https://press3.mcs.anl.gov/forest/hardwa...egration/. It's a step-by-step guide to obtain the view of the camera by IP/Telnet, but I'm facing some trouble. Tried contact with the autor of this guide, Gavin Strunk, and he's helping me.

From now on, I'll continue in FLIR CustHelp. Thank you for helping me! Loved your help. Smile