Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stitching thermal images
07-22-2015, 10:30 AM
Stitching thermal images
Does anyone have a suggestion for software to stitch adjacent thermal images into a panorama which still retains its ability to be analysed as a thermal image? I have sometimes managed to make the panorama tool in Tools+ work, but it gets confused by images with repeating detail (e.g. windows) and there is no user control to reposition misbehaving images.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2015, 05:26 AM
RE: Stitching thermal images
(07-22-2015 10:30 AM)Maureen Young Wrote:  Does anyone have a suggestion for software to stitch adjacent thermal images into a panorama which still retains its ability to be analysed as a thermal image? I have sometimes managed to make the panorama tool in Tools+ work, but it gets confused by images with repeating detail (e.g. windows) and there is no user control to reposition misbehaving images.

I have not come across difficulties like you describe. The panorama tool works perfectly well for me in Flir tools plus. However you need to have the correct amount of overlap, and ideally a camera with the panorama tool built in, this allows you to take images with the correct amount of overlap. What camera are you using? Are you using a panorama tool in the camera?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Analyzing thermal images of water in motion SuneN 6 2,851 02-24-2016 03:05 PM
Last Post: SuneN
  Pixel values when stiching thermal images SuneN 1 1,795 02-22-2016 11:21 AM
Last Post: Gary Orlove
  Thermal images through cages Dominic McCafferty 2 3,774 09-06-2012 06:00 AM
Last Post: Dominic McCafferty