Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hawk IR Infrared Windows
07-08-2016, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 02:19 AM by John_Cassell.)
Hawk IR Infrared Windows
6 months ago I was looking for information on the transmissivity of these windows and found a note on the old forum- It said start at 50%.
I just (today) got access to both sides of one of the windows and was able to do some testing and verification- so I am putting this up to help any poor slob like me who needs the data!
Only able to test from 25 to 60 degrees centigrade due to time but all came within 0.01 of 0.30 transmissivity. (3 different items, one was the standard bottle of hot water with 3 different kinds of tape- overkill anyone?

I hope that this will be up and searchable for anyone using Hawk IR ( HAWK-IR ) windows and looking for TRANSMISSIVITY (see, I put the search terms in several times). The company rep I reached told me there was no need to know the transmissivity of the windows anyway.

If anyone runs into IR windows installed without the transmissivity listed, and if they manage to either test or locate info on other documentation, I hope they will post them here to help others.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  IR Windows p_emmel5 3 5,317 07-21-2012 03:59 AM
Last Post: GeoffHoardley