Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quad Oa daily verification requirement
07-19-2016, 02:12 PM
Quad Oa daily verification requirement
Anybody know what I need to perform the required daily OGI checks as required by Quad Oa?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Quad Oa daily verification requirement
(07-19-2016 02:12 PM)chris.williams@vineoil.com Wrote:  Anybody know what I need to perform the required daily OGI checks as required by Quad Oa?
I don't believe the final rule has been published yet, I could not find it yesterday. I found plenty of summaries published in the Federal Register but none mentioned the daily check.
Perhaps they will stay with the requirements under: §60.18 General control device and work practice requirements?
07-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Thanks.
08-11-2016, 11:34 AM
The final rule was issued on 6/3. The daily check is not a specified procedure. Our view is that it is up to the operator to specify a procedure in the Monitoring Plan specified in 60.5397a(b). I have reviewed some procedures that go beyond what is needed. My opinion is that the camera must be able to view a hydrocarbon being released in the atmosphere at the environmental conditions and distance the camera operator will be working. Environmental conditions such as temperature, background, wind speed, and sun position need to be considered and monitored.
I have a post on Linkedin on this subject and would be available to discuss by phone.
01-04-2017, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2017 10:25 PM by LSI_JodyH.)
The calibration should also factor in the composition of the hydrocarbon gas stream you are monitoring.