Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to start the freelance thermographer consultancy
08-12-2016, 04:26 AM
How to start the freelance thermographer consultancy
Hello all,

I need your assistance to guide and give me inputs. I have successfully received a certification of Certified Thermography Level 1 in 2008. My last contribution n thermography in my company is in 2010. In this 2016, i am looking for new venture. I am thinking to start the freelance thermography service. Can anyone advice me, do i have to renew my certification ? do i have to buy or rent the equipment for works ?

I appreciate your response, and feedback. Tq
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 12:10 AM
RE: How to start the freelance thermographer consultancy
Hi Nora,
My company I work for hired a thermographer, and we asked his certificate, so in my country the certificate its a must. rent or buy? may be you have to do the economic analysis.
I'm waiting another input from others [Image: shy.gif]
10-26-2016, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2016 03:25 PM by Michael.)
RE: How to start the freelance thermographer consultancy
In my experience, you need to ask yourself a few questions - from your CLIENTs' point of view, things such as:

1/Does this company understand my needs?
2/Do they understand building structures, electrical, mechanical, airflow patterns, VOCs etc?
3/Do they understand, and comply with Safety requirements, such as roof access, confined space entry etc?
4/Are they certified? - (the certification should be within five(5) years)
5/ Are they insured?

If YOU would hire a company that meets these basic questions, you should have a good beginning.

As for renting ... I would hope you at least have your own camera! Once you decide what area of IR you want to get into, I would suggest you buy one, and study ALL of it's features, and know how to use them all. Knowledge of building/mechanical/electrical/processes would help you also. Best of luck to you! Please keep us informed of your progress.Rolleyes