Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FLIR Vue Pro R vs. DJI Zenmuse XT
01-12-2017, 03:47 PM
FLIR Vue Pro R vs. DJI Zenmuse XT
I need to choose between the FLIR Vue Pro R camera and the Zenmuse XT camera to be attached to a drone and flown for building inspection. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with either of these cameras? Which one would you recommend for building inspection purposes? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: FLIR Vue Pro R vs. DJI Zenmuse XT
Either of those cameras will be equally capable, however, in my opinion it's going to come down to the interface to the drone, the skill of the operator and if you are inspecting residential or commercial roofs. Getting the camera airborne with a ready to fly solution will certainly simplify some of the issues you're about to encounter, RFI will be your next one after you've found an experienced operator for your drone.
01-25-2017, 01:23 PM
If report detail is critical then the reporting software used with Flir Vue is much more powerful and generates a very professional looking report with no issues. I don't believe the image quality between the two will be an issue for what you are looking to do.
01-12-2018, 01:31 PM
(01-12-2017 03:47 PM)matrushka Wrote:  I need to choose between the FLIR Vue Pro R camera and the Zenmuse XT camera to be attached to a drone and flown for building inspection. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with either of these cameras? Which one would you recommend for building inspection purposes? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks Smile

I say both are almost equal but the big question I have for you is either you are doing more qualitative or quantitative work. After my L1 course, I debated hard on selling my non-R VUE Pro to get a XT w/R. I chose to keep my non-R for qualitative work since most of the work do not require temp measurements. Plus it saves me $$$.