Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone send me the color palette "lava.pal" for the FLIR cameras?
11-30-2017, 03:58 AM
Brick Can anyone send me the color palette "lava.pal" for the FLIR cameras?
I am working for a university in Vienna, Austria. Since three years we are working with third-party companies to provide us with thermal UAV images. Until now we always received the images from the FLIR VUE PRO cameras in the 14bit TIFF format, but due to a software update the settings were resetted, and during the last few month we received color JPGs with the lava color palette applied. For our research I would like to "reconstruct" the original images, but for that i would need the color palette.

I tried contacting the FLIR support here in Europe and the US for the last week(s), but they are not really helpful and really unresponsive.

So I am asking if anyone with access to FLIR Software can send me the "lava.pal" color palette file? I know the reconstruction might not be perfect due to different bit resolutions, but it would be a starting point. I really really would like to avoid having to throw away gigabytes of images from the last months.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2017, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2017 02:46 PM by acardoso.)
RE: Can anyone send me the color palette "lava.pal" for the FLIR cameras?
I believe, if you install Quick Report You will get the palette You want.

http://support.flir.com/SwDownload/Asset....2 SP2.zip

Good luck!
12-05-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Can anyone send me the color palette "lava.pal" for the FLIR cameras?
Hi, thanks for your response!
I installed the Software, there were some palettes, unfortunately not the lava.pal I would need. Do you maybe have another idea?

in the FLIR Tools I didnt find them!

Thanks and best regards,
mischa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Color and emissivity lhzuniga 1 3,324 08-06-2013 07:55 PM
Last Post: acardoso