Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exploiting FLIR EXX-Series data for Environmental Sciences
05-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Exploiting FLIR EXX-Series data for Environmental Sciences
Hello,I´m a french student working for a PhD project.
I´m working with FLIR E85 Thermal camera on the thermal reaction of Pieris napi (Lepidopetra).
For that I´m using FLIR ResearchIR Max software coupled with the camera. I created ROIs (Region of Interest) for the different parts of the body and then created a temporal plot for these ROI...So far so good.

The problem is that when I want to save the data as csv files (excel) the scale for time/frame is completly erratic.
Does anyone know if its possible to have a regular scale for time like every seconds for exemple ?

Thank you very much to the Infrared training center community.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2019, 09:13 AM
RE: Exploiting FLIR EXX-Series data for Environmental Sciences
Post an example file
05-11-2019, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2019 07:22 PM by Bobberry.)
LAMBERT P dateline='[url=tel:1557493790' Wrote:  1557493790[/url]'

The problem is that when I want to save the data as csv files (excel) the scale for time/frame is completly erratic.
Does anyone know if its possible to have a regular scale for time like every seconds for exemple ?

I don’t fully understand what you mean by this. Are you saying the time stamp is wrong? Or are you saying that it is mixed up when converting it to csv?

Is it correct when it is in researchIR max?

You might be better off posting on http://support.flir.com
05-20-2019, 05:51 AM

(05-10-2019 09:13 AM)acardoso Wrote:  Post an example file

Here is an example. the butterfly was put in a device that stimulate the flight and then was placed on a surface where we could record with the infrared camera its cooling process. With the software I have created three freehand ROIs which identified the thorax the head and the abdomen. I also put a cursor ROI at the center of each region. After the recording I created the temporal plot for each ROI as graphs and saved them as csv here is the result. The issue is that the temporal scale is irregular: between two thermal records you can have 0.1 s or 6 s: I would like something more stable like creating a chart with a record every seconds.
.xlsx  i1 cooling.xlsx (Size: 27.03 KB / Downloads: 1)
Thanks for the answear
05-20-2019, 09:36 AM
I have looked at your data. I generated several plots. The most revealing one is a plot of the increment in time for each data point from the previous data point against the increment in frame from each data point from the next data point. It appears completely linear. The reason your data appears to have an uneven time spacing between points is that the number of frames between points is not constant. I also plotted the increment in time between each data point divided by the increment in frames between each data point. It varies from 0.033 to 0.034 secs/frame. That's not a big spread, and certainly points to the csv translation as NOT being the issue.
It appears that you are exporting the data in an uneven frame increment. That may be a function of the camera or the way you are using the software.
I have attached your spreadsheet with my modifications.
Jack
[font=tahoma][/font]

Attached File(s)
.xlsx  i1 cooling.xlsx (Size: 69.55 KB / Downloads: 2)

Jack Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
1-718-884-6644