Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
IR Windows
06-19-2012, 09:37 AM
IR Windows
We finally started installing IR Windows at our plant. Is there a formalized method of setting up the camera for shooting thru the windows, referenced somewhere? We have two P600 series cameras and can use the external optics to set the parameters. But, what do we do if we use our E-4?
Sure we can just shoot thru the window and look for any Thermal Anomalies, but we want to utilize the windows to their full potential. Nuclear plants live on numbers. If I say it's hot, we need to know the temperatures to ensure that 1) our Delta T. is accurate for like components and 2) we are not running over our acceptance criteria on various components.
Thanks,
Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2012, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2012 12:27 PM by Gary Orlove.)
ITC RE: IR Windows
Please refer to the attached document to learn how to measure the transparency of the windows and how to enter that number into your camera to correct temperature measurements.

FLIR branded windows have an average transparency of 44% for LW cameras.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Tech Pub - Easy Window Transmission Measurement.pdf (Size: 682.95 KB / Downloads: 94)
07-04-2012, 04:34 AM
RE: IR Windows
Pete,

I hope you are well. I recently purchased some of the Cordex IW Series infrared windows that come with a transmission correction iphone app 'IW series productivity'. The transmission correction works with any LW camera, even without external optics.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.irwindows.com

Hope this helps!

Geoff
07-21-2012, 03:59 AM
RE: IR Windows
Hi Pete,

I was sent the following link yesterday to an IR Window transmission guidebook and thought you might be interested:

http://windows.cordexinstruments.com/IR12

Geoff

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hawk IR Infrared Windows John_Cassell 0 1,049 07-08-2016 02:17 AM
Last Post: John_Cassell