Welcome to the NEW Infrared Training Forum. To view the old message board, please click here.World Class Infrared Training for Thermography Professionals

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flir Tools, palettes, dll, etc...
08-30-2012, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2012 01:42 PM by acardoso.)
Flir Tools, palettes, dll, etc...
Why thermograms don't look alike, after being saved with Flir Tools? Same level and span, same palette

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2012, 08:44 AM
RE: Flir Tools, palettes, dll, etc...
It looks to me like one of the images is using a linear scale, and the other is using a non-linear scale. So while level and span are the same, the method of equalisation is not.
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
One is the original output by the SC660, the other was open and saved by Flir Tool. Due to limits for upload, I couldn't upload the full thermogram produce by Flir Tools. Pick the complete thermogram, save it and you will get the same result
09-10-2012, 03:56 AM
The method of equalisation can be changed on the SC660, you can select camera linear, signal linear and histogram, all depending on what you wish to use. This can be changed also in reporter and researcher. I don't think that it can be changed in Tools, and I am not sure what the default will be.

I dont really understand why this is a problem for you, what is the issue?
09-10-2012, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 09:46 AM by acardoso.)
My issue?
How do we add palette?
How do we export to Excel?
Why Flir Tools had changed the span?
Researcher 2.10 doesn't produce any image equal to Flir Tool. I tried all equalisations.
Flir Web Viewer doesn't have this problem http://flir.custhelp.com/app/utils/fl_webViewer1#
09-11-2012, 05:02 AM
(09-10-2012 08:46 AM)acardoso Wrote:  My issue?
How do we add palette?
How do we export to Excel?
Why Flir Tools had changed the span?
Researcher 2.10 doesn't produce any image equal to Flir Tool. I tried all equalisations.
Flir Web Viewer doesn't have this problem http://flir.custhelp.com/app/utils/fl_webViewer1#

I just opened your image in researched and it does the very same thing for me. It depends on the settings used. If it is set at source limits or calculated limits it may change the image slightly. Also changing from linear to enhanced contrast will change the appearance of the image. I am not sure what the default is in Tools, and i don't think that it can be changed.

I am not sure if you can add palettes in tools either, I don't think so.
You cannot export to excel in tools.

09-12-2012, 04:06 AM
This is is the palette I am working with.
.zip  Rain900.zip (Size: 1.01 KB / Downloads: 26)
09-12-2012, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 04:35 AM by Bobberry.)
I honestly don't see a problem with this. If you have Researcher, I don't understand what you are concerned about the features within tools. It is ideal for having a quick look at an image, but you can do everything that you need in Researcher.

If you want the image to use the same setting as on the camera, select "use source scale"

09-12-2012, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 10:31 AM by acardoso.)
In the back of the ear, nobody has a sudden drop of temperature as showed in the image outputed by Flir Tools.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=57]
09-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback regarding FLIR Tools. We are currently investigating the issues with the color distribution; we hope to have an update soon to correct this. This only affects the appearance of the image, temperature measurements are correct.

I tried your image with Reporter 9, using the same color palette and span, and it looks virtually identical to the camera image.

It is possible to use custom palettes with FLIR Tools. The palette folder can be accessed using the following method:

1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Type the following into the search box and press Enter: %AllUsersProfile%\FLIR Systems\Palettes.
3. Copy/Paste your palette into this folder.
You can also access this folder by browsing to C:\ProgramData\FLIR Systems\Palettes. Note that ProgramData may be hidden.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, or you can post a question to our Support Center website: http://support.flir.com.

Have a good day,

Jason Gagnon
Technical Support Manager
FLIR Commercial Systems, Inc.
E-Mail: jason.gagnon@flir.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Flir Tools Plus TClark 1 0 08-15-2018 01:57 PM
Last Post: JQuinn